Today VMware is releasing VMware vRealize Automation 8.1 , the latest release of VMware’s industry-leading, modern infrastructure automation platform.
This release delivers new and enhanced capabilities to enable IT/Cloud admins, DevOps admins, and SREs to further accelerate their on-going datacenter infrastructure modernization and cloud migration initiatives, focused on the following key use cases:
- Self-service hybrid cloud, multi-cloud automation, infrastructure DevOps, and Kubernetes infrastructure automation.
- vRealize Automation 8.1 supports the latest release of VMware Cloud Foundation 4.0 to enable self-service automation and infrastructure DevOps for VMware Cloud-based private and hybrid clouds.
- Integration with vSphere 7.0 with Kubernetes to automate Kubernetes supervisor cluster and namespace management.
But wait there is more…
We are also releasing VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.1, the latest release of the lifecycle management and automation platform for VMware vRealize Suite.
vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager delivers a comprehensive, integrated product and content lifecycle management solution for vRealize Suite, helping customers to speed up deployments and updates, optimize and automate ongoing product and content management, and apply Day 0 to Day 2 operational best practices across all components of vRealize Suite.
Some of the other new enhancements we are introducing in vRSLCM 8.1 are :
- Product references : Product details page will have now a new tab listing all inter-product integration(s).
- Inventory Sync : Provided now on the environment level to trigger the sync on all products within the managed environment instead of triggering it on every product which we can still do if we want to Sync one product.
- Global Environment vIDM Day 2 actions : The global environment vIDM View Details page will have now the Trigger Cluster Health, Power On and Power Off Day 2 Operations for single and cluster vIDM Deployment.
- All Products Day 2 actions : All products under environments will have now Re-Trust With Identity Manager ( Whenever vIDM Certificate Changes ) and Re-Register With Identity Manager (Whenever vIDM FQDN Changes )Day 2 Operations.
In this vBlog I’m covering vRealize Automation Multi-Tenancy, its requirement and the setup workflow you need to follow for enabling dedicated infrastructure multi-tenancy for vRealize Automation 8.1, leveraging vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.1 which offers our customers more flexibility, control and security around tenant management.
Let’s get started, Eh!
- Certificate update/replace operation. A change in vIDM certificate requires re-trust of vIDM certificate on all products/services currently integrated with it. While updating certificate, user(s) are provided with an option to choose all currently referenced products to opt-in for re-trust.
- Enabling tenancy. Once tenancy is enabled, vIDM can be accessed only through tenant FQDNs. All existing products/services currently integrated with vIDM must go for a re-register of vIDM against its master tenant alias FQDN. While enabling tenancy, user(s) are provided option to choose all currently referenced products to opt-in for re-register.
Please be aware that there is a typo on the Cluster deployment slide within the vRA Certificate hostname section in the video at 10:55 elapsed time , so here is the corrected version
If you have any comments please leave it in the comment section of either the blog here or in the youtube video comment section, please hit the like button if you liked the video.
To stay up to date with my latest blogs and videos, make sure to follow my blog site and do subscribe to my YouTube channel VMwareLab and smash that notification bell.
The End, Eh!